April is National Car Care Month. While not exactly a federally recognized holiday, it still provides you a reason to pay attention to your vehicle’s health and performance. Find out how to maintain your car to prevent failure on the road and to improve mileage.
What Is National Car Care Month?
The holiday is exactly as its name suggests. It comes courtesy of the Car Care Council, which also created a similar memorial for later in the year: Fall Car Care in October.
Why April? Because this is the peak of spring and when motorists prep for road trips. You certainly want to be sure your vehicle is up to the task. Your car may also have sustained damage over the winter. This may be damage that is not readily noticeable, such as shock or axle damage from hitting a pothole.
How to Honor Your Car
Take care of your car so it can continue to take you where you need to go. Here’s how:
- Check all fluid levels; these include the engine, transmission, brake, power steering, and windshield oil/fluids.
- Check all belts and hoses for fraying, brittleness, or looseness.
- Check the battery for corrosion. Make sure all connections are secure. If you keep a jump starter in the trunk (highly recommended), be sure to regularly charge it.
- Check the exhaust system for leaks and broken supports.
- Schedule a tune-up at an auto service; this will give your engine the best balance between fuel economy and power.
- Complete any auto repair services you have been delaying. We know from experience that people have a tendency to delay repairs unnecessarily.
Give Your Car Love
Bring your car to Bothell Way Garage this National Car Care Month. From hybrids to diesels, we service all car models. While April is the recognized time of year for this occasion, you should treat every month as National Car Care Month.
Vehicle Tune-Ups and Maintenance
Serving customers in Bothell, Kenmore, Woodinville, Brier, Kingsgate, Lake Forest Park, and Juanita